|Title:||Information Technology (IT) Officer for Distance Education|
|Reports to:||Information Technology (IT) Coordinator|
|1-year, full time contract, with possibility of renewal
The IT Officer for Distance Education is responsible for troubleshooting and/or performing diagnostics to respond to and resolve IT-related service issues across the program for both academic and administrative users. Additionally, the IT Officer will work closely with the TTP Master Trainers team to enable the smooth delivery of online and offline course material.
- Assist the Master Trainers and moderators in designing and providing courses and tools for distance learning
- Provide helpdesk support to users of the online Community of Practice and eLearning Platforms
- Troubleshoot technical problems associated with the Maths Online platform
- Provide technical guidance, training and instruction to staff members and learners
- Produce and process audiovisual content in support of course delivery
- Act as the first level helpdesk for IT issues across the program
- Install, manage, maintain, configure, monitor, repair and enhance client PCs and all related equipment for staff and the simulation labs
- Manage backups and tape rotation
- Set up and configure new laptops, desktops and laboratory technology devices
- Ensure security updates and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops
- Assist to install, manage, maintain, configure, monitor, repair and enhance network infrastructure, all network devices, servers, systems and all server related equipment
- Maintain an inventory of IT assets and track movement of same and report to the IT Coordinator
- Produce IT operation reports
Competencies & Other Requirements
- 3-year university degree in computer science/engineering or related disciplin A Master in computer science or/and in mathematics is an asset
- 2+ years of experience must include providing technical support in each of the following:
- Installation of operating systems such as Linux/Ubuntu, Windows 7 or later and Windows Server
- Installation of application software such as Microsoft Office
- Installation and maintenance of Cisco network equipment (switching, routing and wireless)
- Experience in graphics design and processing audio-visual content is an asset
- Diagnosing and resolving PC problems in a networked environment
- Web development and content management
- Experience working in a similar role providing support to IT users
- Good knowledge of the use of ICT for the production of resources and for the teaching of Mathematics (LMS, Moodle, MOOC, Latex, GeoGebra, PowerPoint, Excel, etc)
- Proven experience and ability to work hands on in a predominantly Linux/Ubuntu and Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) platform as well as Windows server and desktop operating system
- Experience or familiarity with ACCPAC, WIMS, Python, SageMath, Google Suite Apps, etc.
- Bilingual (French/English) language skills is essential
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience working with an international NGO, an asset
- Good knowledge of the educational system in Cameroon.
- Office based in Limbé, Cameroon
- Ability and willingness to travel, both within and outside of Cameroon for periodic extended stays of up to 2 weeks
- Available to work outside of normal business hours and/or weekends.
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation of mathematics education in Cameroon?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations together with a detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please quote “IT Officer TTP-CAM” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until July 10, 2020.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-Cameroon reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-Cameroon is an equal opportunity employer.
If this profile ticks a majority of your qualifications, please send your CV to email@example.com.